Australia and New Zealand
Last Modified: August, 2020
Paramount creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise, and other services. When you visit the websites, mobile and online applications or other products and services of our brands, attend our live events, view our content or advertisements, or contact our customer service (collectively, the “Services”), we may collect information from or about you.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information from and about you in connection with the Services. Some of this information is “personal information”. Personal information includes information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Information You Provide
We collect information directly from you in a variety of ways. For example, we may collect information when you:
· Register for an account, participate in interactive areas of our Services, or fill out forms on our Services;
· Request additional information about our Services or sign up to receive news, information or special offers from us;
· Interact with us on social media;
· Purchase any product, subscription, or event ticket from us;
· Attend one of our events;
· Request information or assistance from us, including correspondence with our customer service teams;
· Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback and preferences;
· Participate in events, screenings, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions.
We only collect personal information for purposes that are necessary for and directly related to our Services, functions or activities. The types of personal information we collect directly from you include:
· Identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address;
· Demographic information, such as your gender and age;
· Commercial information, such as payment and billing information; and
· Other information such as passwords, personal preferences and interests; and
· Any other personal information you choose to provide.
We do not seek to collect sensitive information from you. We will not disclose sensitive information (such as information about your health, racial or ethical origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in circumstances permitted under Australian or New Zealand privacy law.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our Services, including:
· Device and network identifiers such as your IP address, mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons and similar technologies we deploy on our Services;
· Internet or electronic network activity information, such as your Internet service provider (ISP), browser type and operating system version, language settings, access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services; and
· Geolocation data, such as (i) information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when we have your consent to do so) and (ii) your IP address, which we may use to estimate your approximate location.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files that help store user preferences and activity. Web beacons, pixels, ad tags, and SDKs are blocks of code provided by our partners that may be installed in our mobile and online applications.
Cookies and similar technologies help us to recognise you when you use or visit our Services. They assist us to collect information such as your number of visits, which features, pages, or content you view, and to measure your browsing activities on our Services.
The information we collect using these technologies assist us to improve the Services, to provide, target, and measure advertisements, and see that our Services are functioning properly.
Information from Third Parties
We may collect personal information about you from other sources so we can better understand you and provide you with services, advertising, and offers that may be of interest to you. For example, we may collect personal information about you from:
· Third-party social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to create an account) or that allow you to share information. We always collect your personal information in accordance with the authorisation procedures and privacy settings you establish with such social media services;
· Television services (or “multichannel video programming distributors”) or other third-party services, such as film exhibitors, that distribute our content; and
· Our unaffiliated partners, such as third-party interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third-party services, embedded audio and video players), co-branded partners and websites (e.g., on our Facebook pages), our advertisers, and commercially available sources (e.g., data aggregators and public data sets).
Personal Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we, or our partners, collect. For example, we may make inferences that you are interested in a particular type of content or event so that we can show you content or ads that are more relevant to your interests.
We may also build a profile of you containing information that we, or third parties, may collect in order to identify you across sites, devices, and over time. We may augment your profile with information derived from inferences described above.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined and used for the purposes described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section below.
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to develop new content and features;
· Complete the transactions you request and perform our contractual obligations;
· Create, manage, and authenticate your account;
· Send notifications related to your account and purchases;
· Send reasonable promotional messages and newsletters such as via email, text messaging, or push notification;
· Enable you to participate in public platforms or other interactive features of the Services;
· Respond to customer service requests;
· Conduct internal research and development;
· Target advertisements to you both on and off of our Services;
· Participate in or respond to surveys or requests for opinions, feedback and preferences;
· Analyse traffic and user activities on our Services, identify popular areas or features, and optimise and personalise the Services;
· Find and resolve bugs or defects in the Services; and
· Protect the rights and property of Paramount and others and comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and to enforce our agreements.
We may use each of the categories of personal information we collect for all of the uses described above.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We share your personal information in the limited circumstances described below.
· With our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We disclose your personal information to other ViacomCBS Inc. companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, for the purposes described in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section above.
· With our Service Providers. We share personal information with third party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including customer support, web hosting, information technology, payment processing, event providers, direct mail and email distribution, contest, sweepstakes and promotion administration, and analytics services.
· In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may disclose or transfer personal information as part of, or during negotiations for, any purchase, sale, lease, merger, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing involving our brands.
· With our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors for corporate transactions or to manage our business and operations.
· With Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We share personal information when it’s necessary for us to comply with applicable law or legal process, to respond to legal claims, or to protect our rights, property or personal safety of our users, employees, or the public.
· With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when you ask us to do so or intentionally interact with a third party. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of our Services, such as posting a comment on a public blog, you are directing us to share this information with other users of our Services.
We may deal with third parties, such as service providers or related bodies corporate that are located overseas. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country, including but not limited to countries of the European Union and the United State of America. We will take reasonable steps before disclosing personal information to an overseas recipient to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to that information.
You can find more information about this practice or to opt out of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising purposes, by visiting https://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/. You can opt out of the collection of Google Analytics information using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application. Your device may also include a feature that allows you to opt out of the use of information about your use of mobile and online applications for interest-based advertising purposes (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices or “Opt Out of Personalised Ads” on Android devices).
The Services may allow you to share your personal information with social media platforms and other third parties. When you share in this manner, the privacy practices of the social media platform control who has access to your information and how it is treated by the social media platform. Please consult the privacy policies of any social media platform to which you share information in this manner to learn about the social media platform’s data practices.
In cases where channels available through our general audience services are directed to children, we collect only a limited amount of personal information from those channels.. Specifically, we may collect IP address, device identifiers, certain unique ID numbers, and limited viewing information.
We do not use, or allow our partners to use this information other than for purposes of supporting our internal operations, such as to provide children with access to features and activities on the Services, to customise content and improve our Services, or serve contextual advertising or limit the number of times a particular advertisement is seen.
We never allow interest-based advertising on portions of our Services that are directed to children or where we know that the user is a child or a teen under 16.
Your Rights and Choices
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about your account or orders from us.
When you use any of our mobile and online applications that collect precise location information, you may be asked to consent to the collection of this information. You can change your preferences at any time through the settings on your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Personal Information Security
We take the security of your personal information seriously and we implement a range of technical, administrative, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and misuse.
Access and Correction
It is important to us that the information we hold about you is up-to-date, accurate and complete. If any of your details change, please notify us as soon as you can.
You have a right to access the personal information that we hold about you and can ask that we correct that personal information.
If you would like to access your personal information, or request us to update, correct or delete it, you can do so by contacting us via email at DataPrivacyRights@viacom.com and verifying your identity. We will do our best to respond to your request within 30 days. We will only refuse access in exceptional circumstances, and if this is the case, we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
We will consider and respond to any complaint made within a reasonable time. We will always try to answer your questions and resolve any complaint you may have about our privacy handling procedures. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may decide to contact the Privacy Commissioner in the relevant jurisdiction:
the Australian Information
Commissioner of New Zealand